[Geany-Users] How to Set Custom Commands in Geany

Kostas Dimakis dimakis at xxxxx
Thu Jun 27 10:30:47 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 11:32 AM, Kostas Dimakis wrote:
> On 06/27/2013 02:16 AM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>>> Lex thank you for your quick response. Can you present an example? As I
>>> don't understand exactly what you mean. Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. Open Set Custom Commands dialog
>> 2. Click Add button
>> 3. Type command name where the cursor is
>> 4. Press Enter (required to save the command)
>> 5. Click on same row under Label column
>> 6. Type a name/label for the command
>> 7. Press Enter (required to save the label)
>> 8. Click OK button
>>
>> To use:
>> Press <Ctrl>1-9 (depending which number you added)
>>   Or use Edit->Format->Send Selection To->Your New Command
>>   Or right-click on editor area for context menu, same as above
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Matthew Brush
> Awesome. Thanks so much Matthew.
>
> Keep on helping :)
> Kostas Dimakis
I am sorry if i am being a pain guys. Matthew's adivce was great I was
able to add any commands i wished. The thing is doesn't work properly,
meaning the selection never gets send to the command. eg: I select
Documents and I send it to ls. Instead of listing the Documents
directory, it lists the current directory, ~ in this case. I even tried
full path. It doesn't work for grep command either. What am I doing
wrong this time?
I appreciate your time
Kostas Dimakis