[Geany-Users] How to Set Custom Commands in Geany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Jun 26 23:16:23 UTC 2013

On 13-06-26 09:30 AM, Kostas Dimakis wrote:
> On 06/26/2013 01:38 PM, Kostas Dimakis wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am new to Geany and i am learning how to use its features according
>> to its manual. I got a bit stuck right here
>> http://www.geany.org/manual/#sending-text-through-custom-commands .
>> While i am trying to add a new custom command through Edit->Send
>> Selection to->Set Custom Commands menu, when i "OK", the command
>> doesn't show up. It's as it never gets saved or sth. What am i doing
>> wrong? + Some examples on where this feature should be used would be
>> much appreciated.
> Lex thank you for your quick response. Can you present an example? As I
> don't understand exactly what you mean. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

1. Open Set Custom Commands dialog
2. Click Add button
3. Type command name where the cursor is
4. Press Enter (required to save the command)
5. Click on same row under Label column
6. Type a name/label for the command
7. Press Enter (required to save the label)
8. Click OK button

To use:
Press <Ctrl>1-9 (depending which number you added)
   Or use Edit->Format->Send Selection To->Your New Command
   Or right-click on editor area for context menu, same as above

Cheers,
Matthew Brush