[Geany-Users] End key = Go to RH window edge, not line end

Cliff Laine clifflaine at xxxxx
Wed Jun 19 13:24:02 UTC 2013

Hello Geany people

Is there a way of writing a snippet which would take the cursor to that
part of the line which is at the RH window edge? I.e., to modify the
behaviour of the "End" key to make it go to the RH window edge rather
than the end of the line?

I notice that this was raised on the list in January 2009
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.editors.geany.general/month=20090601/page=8

In this thread, Heiko Studt commented on the apparent impossibility of
swapping the "End" and "Alt+End" keybindings.

Is this still the case? Alt+End is possibly one of the most difficult
key combinations to press without taking one's eyes off the screen. I
would very much rather use a simple "End".

Thank you an excellent editor, btw. I have been using EditPlus under
Wine for a few years and didn't think I'd find anything better.

Cliff