[Geany-Users] Geany newbie: perl autocomplete not working

Samik R samikr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 06:54:35 UTC 2013

Hello,
I am a Geany newbie, started using Geany lured by its autocompletion and
a few other features. Unfortunately, when coding in perl, I don't seem
to get the autocompletion to work. That is, if I type a few characters
(e.g., 2 chars: I have set the corresponding option to 2 characters) of
a variable name which I have already defined, nothing happens (I was
expecting to see a popup suggesting the var name). On the other hand, if
I press CTRL+SPACE after typing those two chars, the popup does show up.
Seems to me that I am missing something - why is the autocomplete popup
not showing up? I want it to show up without having to press CTRL+SPACE.
Using Geany 1.22 on Windows 7, with .cgi file extension (I have
registered the file type in filetype_extensions.conf).
Thanks.