[Geany-Users] adding json support

Bob Furber burnsmicro at xxxxx
Sun Feb 24 01:48:51 UTC 2013

On 13-02-23 04:02 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:

>> Syntax highlighting is still not so colourful: Names are bold black and
>> values are normal black unless they are numbers, in which case they are
>> green.
>>

> Because you left YAML styles above maybe (under [styling=C]).

I cannot see any YAML styles in filetypes.JSON.conf:

     [styling=C]
     default=default
     number=number
     string=string
     word=word
     identifier=identifier,bold

     [keywords]
     primary=true false null

     [settings]
     extension=json
     lexer_filetype=Javascript
     comment_single=#
     comment_use_indent=true

     [indentation]
     width=2
     # 0 is spaces, 1 is tabs, 2 is tab & spaces
     type=0

I did, however, remove the lines below [styling=C]. But I kept

     identifier=identifier,bold

..because it bolds the name in a *Name*:Value pair:
{
     "*err*": "File not found",
     "*gId*": 28,
}

In case the html is stripped out, "*err*" and "*gId*", above, are bold face.

I would prefer a color like blue, to bold, but bold is really quite
adequate.

Thanks,

RF