[Geany-Users] EuGeany - Geany support for the Euphoria Programming Language

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Feb 24 01:29:36 UTC 2013

Le 24/02/2013 01:47, Codger a écrit :
> [...]
>
> I am puzzled as to why the method you have described, which is also
> described in the Geany manual, apparently works for some type of
> language files, but not for Euphoria.  I should also note that at
> least two other Euphoria user's have failed to obtain color syntax
> support for Euphoria files, except by editing the lua support files,
> as I have done.
>
> I am attaching the file filetypes.Euphoria.conf which is what I use
> renamed as filetypes.lua, just in case you, or some one else familiar
> with Geany might find out what is going wrong where.

When you use a Custom Filetype (the filetype.Euphoria.conf thing), you
need to set the lexer_filetype (and tag_parser too if you want) under
the "settings" section.  This tells Geany which lexer (the thing that
styles the code) to use.  In your case, set lexer_filetype=Lua and
tag_parser=Lua and you should be done.

Regards,
Colomban