[Geany-Users] adding json support

Bob Furber burnsmicro at xxxxx
Sat Feb 23 23:30:45 UTC 2013

On 13-02-22 05:30 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> Someone changed my wiki entry so the filetype is YAML instead of
> JavaScript[1]. Set it back to JavaScript and set the `[styling]`
> section back to `[styling=C]`, removing the partial set of styles
> added in that change and highlighting should work perfect (after all,
> isn't JSON valid JavaScript syntax?). You can check "Old Revisions" on
> the wiki to see the original entry and the additions later on.

Is the [1] in "instead of JavaScript[1]" significant?

I changed filetypes.JSON.conf to:

     [styling=C]
     default=default
     number=number
     string=string
     word=word
     identifier=identifier,bold

     [keywords]
     primary=true false null

     [settings]
     extension=json
     lexer_filetype=Javascript
     comment_single=#
     comment_use_indent=true

     [indentation]
     width=2
     # 0 is spaces, 1 is tabs, 2 is tab & spaces
     type=0

Syntax highlighting is still not so colourful: Names are bold black and
values are normal black unless they are numbers, in which case they are
green.

Highlighting of matching '[' and '{' braces works fine after rebooting
my PC.

Setting the filetype to Javascript (Document -> Set Filetype ->
Scripting Languages -> Javascript) results in a more colourful display,
but without any differentiation between names and values.

Is there any way of customizing this without launching a new career?

> Please update the wiki if you find it's incorrect.

How do I do that?

Thanks,

RF