[Geany-Users] How do I stop geany adding itself to the Cinnamon panel?

Peter Williams pwil3058 at xxxxx
Wed Feb 20 09:41:24 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 07:20 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 20.02.2013 10:13, schrieb Peter Williams:
>> On 02/20/2013 04:38 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> That is most likely to be something that your window manager does
>>> because of its own configuration, does it do it for other programs?
>>
>> No, it doesn't.  All programs (including geany) get put in a "window
>> list" in the panel but that's different.
>>
>> The extra geany things are like applets in that they have their own
>> popup menu.
>

> The addons plugin has an option to show a Geany icon in the notification
> area. Is that possibly turned on?

I had looked there but missed it due to the label "Show status icon in
the Notification Area" not registering in my mind as being associated
with the panel.

Problem solved.
Thanks
Peter