[Geany-Users] Searching for filetypes.Povray.conf

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Aug 18 10:53:07 UTC 2013

On 18 August 2013 20:27, janc at janc.es <janc at janc.es> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new in this list, I hope to be able to contribute with some of my
> skills about Geany.
>
> It is my editor for long time and I can't change to a different one.
>
> Please, can any body help me about a filetypes.Povray.conf?
>
> I am doing a lot of work with Povray and it will be very nice to have
> syntax highlighting with *.pov files.

> Geany compiled, version: 1.23.1
>
> I have made all homework about filetypes, I hope!
>
> I have this files:
>
> /home/user/.geany/filetype_extensions.conf
> Added:
> Povray=*.pov;
>

> /home/user/.geany/filetypes.Povray.conf
> Copied from filetype.c and edited some details...
>
> [keywords]
> primary=....... many povray words in one line......
> [lexer_properties]
> lexer_filetype=C

This is a [settings] not a [lexer_properties] key.  For custom files you
might be better to look at some of the filetypes.XXX.conf custom types
distributed with Geany rather than full filetype files.