[Geany-Users] 'Error regular expression' feature?

Vitali Samurov vitali.s at xxxxx
Wed Aug 7 10:23:25 UTC 2013

Hello,

oh. So, the compiler output should look like e.g. GCC outputs, which Geany does parse well?

mkl2mkp_en-0.25.c:3211:11: error: 'comp_adres' undeclared (first use in this function)

Br,
Vitali

Lex Trotman [elextr at gmail.com] kirjoitti:
> On 7 August 2013 18:38, Vitali Samurov <vitali.s at elisanet.fi> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to add a new compiler toolchain in Geany and would like to
> > highlight an error (waring) line in the code by using 'Error regular
> > expression' feature.
> >
> > I have added this:
> > (.+)\line\s+([0-9]+)
> >
> > And was able to get line 'E011 The value of symbolic....' colored in RED:
> >
> > /mkl2mkp_en -i "DIYGeigerCounter_ver_1-3.mkl" (in directory: /../Temp)
> > MKP file  DIYGeigerCounter_ver_1-3.mkl
> > E011 The value of symbolic reference is not defined  in line  77 - RECEIVE1
> > First page:  0
> > Length (pages):  6
> > Compilation failed.
> >

> > But editor does not show /highlight the line in edit window. Is it
> > possible to do that?
> >

> Yes, but the regular expression has to have two captures, one that extracts
> the line number and one that extracts the filename so it knows which file
> and which line. And the filename and line no must be in the same line in
> your compiler output.  That does not appear to be the case in the output
> above (but it may simply be wrapped by the mailer).
>

> Cheers
> Lex
>

> > Br,
> > Vitali