[Geany-Users] Build command

Gert Leenders leenders.gert at xxxxx
Sat Aug 3 14:46:40 UTC 2013

Lex,

I was doing trial and error to see if i could get i working. I tried both
relative and absolute paths.

Here's a terminal dump....

glnd at ThinkStation-E30:~/libnfc-1.7.0-rc7/utils$ ls
CMakeLists.txt            nfc-list.c             nfc-relay-picc
libnfcutils.la            nfc-list.o             nfc-relay-picc.1
Makefile                  nfc-mfclassic          nfc-relay-picc.c
Makefile.am               nfc-mfclassic.1        nfc-relay-picc.o
Makefile.in               nfc-mfclassic.c        nfc-scan-device
mifare.c                  nfc-mfclassic.o        nfc-scan-device.1
mifare.h                  nfc-mfultralight       nfc-scan-device.c
mifare.o                  nfc-mfultralight.1     nfc-scan-device.o
nfc-emulate-forum-tag4    nfc-mfultralight.c     nfc-utils.c
nfc-emulate-forum-tag4.1  nfc-mfultralight.o     nfc-utils.h
nfc-emulate-forum-tag4.c  nfc-read-forum-tag3    nfc-utils.lo
nfc-emulate-forum-tag4.o  nfc-read-forum-tag3.1  nfc-utils.o
nfc-list                  nfc-read-forum-tag3.c
nfc-list.1                nfc-read-forum-tag3.o
glnd at ThinkStation-E30:~/libnfc-1.7.0-rc7/utils$ pwd
/home/glnd/libnfc-1.7.0-rc7/utils
glnd at ThinkStation-E30:~/libnfc-1.7.0-rc7/utils$

Grtz,
Gert

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 August 2013 07:55, Gert Leenders <leenders.gert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> P.S. You'd probably be better of to use a simple Makefile with Geany
>> build commands, then you could compile your object files separately and
>> link them into the final executable.
>>

> Matthew is right this is one longer term solution, but you still have to
> get the commands working first :)
>
> Was there a reason you moved from using .. to using absolute pathnames
> when you moved the working command from the command line into Geany?
>  Unfortunately we can't see what was your working directory when you ran
> gcc in the command line, so can't trace the ../..s to see if your absolute
> directory paths are the same thing, but the most likely problem is that
> they are not the same.
>

>> Can i find somewhere an example of this approach?
>>

> See http://mrbook.org/tutorials/make/ for a somewhat abbreviated tutorial.
>
> Specifically the minimal example that gives :
>
> all:
> 	g++ main.cpp hello.cpp factorial.cpp -o hello
>

> But with the command replaced by your working one of course :)
>
> Note: that *must* be a Tab character before the command, no spaces.
>
> Cheers
>
> Lex
>

>> Thx!

Met vriendelijk groeten,