[Geany-Users] Printing for all printers stopped after installing drivers for Canon printer.

Steve steve.iolone at xxxxx
Tue Apr 30 13:11:41 UTC 2013

Windows 7, Geany 1.2.3. Canon MX890 and Lexmark E260n printers..

A couple of weeks ago, I installed a Canon MX980 printer. Afterwards, Geany stopped
printing to any printer. When I print a file from Geany, a small pop up is displayed with
the message "Preparing nnnnn" where nnn is a increasing number.  in the Messages window,
bottom right a flashing message "Paginating". The print function never completes. The text
in the "Messages" window is:

08:52:50: Did not send document C:\Users\steve\Desktop\test.txt to the printing subsystem.
08:52:50: Document C:\Users\steve\Desktop\test.txt was sent to the printing subsystem.

Note++ and other editors print as expected to all printers.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Geany (geany-1.23_setup.exe
<http://download.geany.org/geany-1.23_setup.exe> - Full Installer including GTK 2.16.).
The Cannon drivers are at the latest level.

Thanks,

Steve