[Geany] a question about file management in Geany

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Sep 29 13:00:03 UTC 2012

Le 29/09/2012 14:50, Mostafa Alshrief a écrit :
> hi there,

Hi,

> i have a question about file management in Geany
> i need to store all the project files in the document bar(the sidebar)
> but keep the window tab's clean for only the file(s) i'm working on

That's not possible, the Document sidebar displays all open files, just
like the editor's tab bar.

> the problem is if i closed a file from the file(s) tab it gets removed
> from the document sidebar and Geany doesn't remember it in the project
> files the next time i open the project

Stock Geany project files only stores a list of open files, plus a few
settings, so as you says, closing a file will remove it from the "project".

However, there are plugins you might want to try out that provide
different/enhanced project support, including, I think, what you want
(gproject, geanyprj).

Regards,
Colomban