[Geany] setting up 'plaintext' file type

Miranda Hawarden-Ogata hawarden at xxxxx
Fri Sep 7 02:50:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been using geany for a couple months and really like it as my nedit
replacement, but I'm running into an annoying problem that I'm not sure how
to resolve. I maintain a "running notes" file in my public_html directory,
its extension is one of our invisible php includes but I don't want the file
syntax-highlighting as a php file, I want to be able to create a plaintext
file type that I can select that has basically no formatting whatsoever.

Unfortunately, nothing I've tried so far seems to work, if there are tags
like <? etc in the file they trigger these really visually annoying blue
underline marks on every line for the rest of the file. If I leave the file
as php, most of it gets formatted as string code due to single and double
quotes and that also makes it hard to read. I would really love to be able
to set up some kind of config that just treats the text as simple plaintext,
plain white or whatever colour text on a nice black background.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Miranda