[Geany] Writing status message to log file

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Sep 2 10:01:57 UTC 2012

On 2 September 2012 19:46, Hugh Barnard <hugh.barnard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> First of all, big thank you to geany developers, it's my main editor now for
> over a year or so.
>
> I use geany for commercial projects that I do as a freelance, so I'm
> wondering about whether there's a way to write the status log to disk? That
> would mean that I could run some [fairly ugly] script to keep track of time
> spent on this and on 'that'.

Well, I guess you can tell how long the file is open, if that equates
to time spent then fine, for me that often equates to time spent
elsewhere :)

Anyway if you are running on Linux then run Geany from the command
line with -v and re-direct the stdout & stderr to a file should get
you when things are opened and closed.