[Geany-Users] awk filetypes

Jean-Max Reymond jmreymond at free.fr
Mon Oct 15 05:29:32 UTC 2012

Le 15/10/2012 01:46, Lex Trotman a écrit :

> On 15 October 2012 02:35, Jean-Max Reymond <jmreymond at free.fr
> <mailto:jmreymond at free.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I have written a filetype for awk files but I have some troubles
>     with lexer_filetype
>
>     In order to work correctly, I have to add a line lexer_filetype=C
>     (whitout this line, nothing is colored). So, my keywords are
>     highligted  but the commentary does not work, only the C syntax is
>     highligted. What's wrong ?
>     Thanks for your tips,
>

> Hi,
>
> The lexer is the piece of code that parses your file to decide what
> colour each character should be, thats why you need to specify one.  The
> lexer_filetype=X says use the lexer that is used for filetype X. So that
> line tells your filetype to use the C lexer, so thats why only C
> comments are highlighted.  Note the C lexer is hard coded to C syntax,
> if you set the various comment settings in the filetype file they affect
> things like menu->edit->format->comment/uncomment/toggle comment not the
> lexer.  I don't remember the awk details but I would think C is probably
> the nearest other language.
>
> The lexers are part of the Scintilla project whose editing widget we use
> (www.scintilla.org <http://www.scintilla.org>).  Unfortunately they
> don't have an awk specific one so someone would have to write one to get
> exact awk syntax colouration.

thanks for your answer.
You're right that C is the nearest language so I use the lexer_filetype=C
I is very surprising that comment_single=# in the [settings] section is
overridden by lexer_filetype .
Now, I have to fix the Symbols tab which does not display the variables
and functions

--
Jean-Max Reymond
Éruption de l'Etna: http://jmreymond.free.fr/Etna2002