[Geany-Users] Geany Icon

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:05:41 UTC 2012

My take on this, as a Windows user, is that applications which are not
part of the operating system ought to default to their own icon.  I
don't know if this is the Linux sensibility, but at least one
advantage of doing this would be that Geany defaults to the same thing
on both Windows and Linux.  Personally, I think third-party apps
should have their own brand, whose default is chosen by their
creators.  If their creators would like to blend in with the OS by
default, then that should be their choice.  If they would like it to
be the user's responsibility to make the app blend in, then that
should be fine as well.

So my vote is, use Geany's own icon by default.  Linux users who like
everything to blend in should know the ways to make it happen for
themselves.

John