[Geany] problem with focus on terminal pane

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 5 09:46:43 UTC 2012

On 5 October 2012 18:06, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Either I didn't get how to do it or this is a subtle bug:
>
> I'm on Linux, when I copy something from the editing window with the
> mouse and I paste in the terminal pane inside geany with the central
> mouse button, the terminal pane doesn't get the focus, pressing enter
> makes the copied line(s) disappear in the editing window and doesn't
> issue an enter in the terminal (this is the expected behaviour).

Hmm, can see its annoying.

I don't think it is expected, middle click is supposed to focus the widget
under the cursor and paste.  It does when pasting to VTE from another
window, its just within the same window thats a problem although other
widgets such as scribble work as expected.

Luckily you can left click and then right click without losing the
selection as a workaround.

Should I file a ticket?

Yes, but I'm not sure if we can change it, depends how deep the behaviour
is buried in GTK/X windows/VTE.