[Geany] "Find in Files" doesn't work on Windows 7

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Mar 16 12:45:15 UTC 2012

On 16 March 2012 23:01, Fischer, RonaldX O <ronaldx.o.fischer at intel.com> wrote:
> When I execute "Find in Files", a console windows pops up for a fraction of a second, and
> then disappears. No results being shown, also no error message.
>
> The "message" line of Geany shows:
>
> grep -nHlrF -- ....
>
> The only grep.exe in my PATH is the Cygwin implementation of grep. This should work well, and
> even if there is a problem with my grep, I wonder why I don't see any error message.

Please always specify version and platform when asking questions.

Does the grep command work with those options if you try it on the
command line in the appropriate directory?

Anything grep outputs should be shown, so perhaps it doesn't return
anything, including an error message.

Unfortunately some more user friendly completion processing is
available in Unix, but Windows does not provide the same completion
statuses.