[Geany] filetypes files

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 28 02:45:58 UTC 2012

On 28 June 2012 12:28, Mike Miller <geany-users at mgmiller.net> wrote:
> While we're close to the subject of the filetypes files, does anyone know
> why they are named for example, "filetypes.xml"?  Geany seems to know it
> isn't an xml file but it does confuse other editors and the file manager.

You shouldn't be using other editors, especially on Geany config files :)

> I would suggest a format such as "xml.conf" and "python.conf" would be more
> logical.  What do you all think?

Well, custom filetypes are already called filetypes.foo.conf, so
technically it would not be difficult.

But given the angst we have already had about incompatible changes in
the filetypes operation, I hate to think about the noise something as
incompatible as this would make.