[Geany] question about syntax highlighting in asm language

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jun 27 07:01:52 UTC 2012

On 27 June 2012 16:51, SHANGRI-LA at terra.es <SHANGRI-LA at terra.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post in the list and, as usual, i come with a problem ;)
>
> I'm trying to configure the syntax highlighting for asm language with Geany
> but have experienced some strange issues.
>
> - The more important is that i'm not able to configure the highlighting for
> comments. I'm trying to use the standard C comments (// for a line and /* */
> for a block) using the keywords:
>
> comment_single=//
> comment_open=/*
> comment_close=*/
>
> and then configuring a color in [styling] section but Geany always seems to
> ignore me and only accept the standard asm comment ';' symbol (that in my
> case i need a different one) although this symbol is not present at all in
> the file filetypes.asm.

Hi,

The recognition of syntax for highlighting is provided by the
Scintilla lexers.  These mostly hard-code the language they recognise.
 That is teh case with teh ASM lexer comment which is hard coded to
semi-colon.

The comment settings are for use by the
edit->format->comment/uncomment operations not for the lexers.