[Geany] question about syntax highlighting in asm language

SHANGRI-LA at terra.es SHANGRI-LA at xxxxx
Wed Jun 27 06:51:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is my first post in the list and, as usual, i come with a problem ;)

I'm trying to configure the syntax highlighting for asm language with Geany but have experienced some strange issues.

- The more important is that i'm not able to configure the highlighting for comments. I'm trying to use the standard C comments (// for a line and /* */ for a block) using the keywords:

comment_single=//
comment_open=/*
comment_close=*/

and then configuring a color in [styling] section but Geany always seems to ignore me and only accept the standard asm comment ';' symbol (that in my case i need a different one) although this symbol is not present at all in the file filetypes.asm.

The file i'm modifying is filetypes.asm and my version of geany is Geany Portable 0.20 i'm also using Windows XP SP3. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.