[Geany] highlighting of bash scripts?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Jun 26 20:13:26 UTC 2012

Le 26/06/2012 21:59, owlet bw a écrit :
>> This said, why did you want to edit filetypes.html/python?   If you want
>> to change the colors, with 1.22 you can now easily write a colorsheme
>> file, look e.g. at the alt.conf scheme distributed with Geany (most
>> probably /usr/share/geany/colorschemes/alt.conf on Linux).   This way you
>> won't have to bother what's in filetypes.* for the colors, and they will
>> apply to all filtypes.
>
> I am afraid I have to bother with all this filetypes.* files because if
> I define background color for string in colorscheme file, then all the
> white space in config files will be filled with that color. See my
> changes) and setup highlighting in numerous filetypes.* files.

Ah ok, sorry I didn't see it was you both times.

> And the question I would like to ask.
>
> What file is responsible for highlighting of bash scripts? I do not see
> filetypes.bash. I have filetypes.sh, but changes there do not reflect on
> bash scripts.

It's filetypes.sh and it should definitely work... Actually I just
tested and it Works For Me™, I can set ugly colors wherever I want.  Are
you sure your changes are loaded (geany restarted, file with the correct
name, etc) and your script really use the "Shell script" filetype?

Regards,
Colomban