[Geany] Symbol List Ordering

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jun 16 00:55:03 UTC 2012

On 16 June 2012 03:45, Filipe Funenga <filipe.funenga at ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've talked with darkvenger and b4n at freenode#geany about this problem and
> we've come up with partial solution to this problem: when I open a file with
> geany, the symbol list is not sorted by appearence.
> When I change my filetypes.common in the "[settings]" section with the
> option "symbol_list_sort_mode=1" nothing happens. (is this supposed to
> happen?)

Yes it is, filetypes.common has nothing to do with the settings of any
other filetype.

You are probably confused by the fact that the *named-styles* section
makes styles available in other filetypes, but that is for styles
only.

> So I decided to copy "/usr/share/geany/filetypes.python"
> and "/usr/share/geany/filetypes.c" to "~/.config/geany/filedefs" and add the
> option myself.
>
> How do I set "symbol_list_sort_mode=1" to every filetype by default?

You have to set it in each filetype, there is no system wide default, sorry.