[Geany] [snippet] insert comment through snippet

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jul 19 10:02:23 UTC 2012

On 19 July 2012 19:27, Eric Crastes <eric.crastes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I modify quite often scripts written by other developer.
> To identify my modifications, I have the habit to insert #<myname> at the
> beginning and #</myname> at the end of my modification.
>
> I would like to be able to insert this 2 "tags" through a snippet.
> Unfortunately, if I add :
> #<=#<myname>%cursor%;</myname>
> the line is considered as a comment and ignored
>
> same issue with :
> <<=#<myname>%cursor%;</myname>
> this time the second part is considered as a comment and ignored

The problem isn't the second part, its the first part, the << isn't
being recognised as a snippet because snippet names must be wordchars.
 Unless you have re-defined them then thats only ASCII alphabetics,
digits and _