[Geany] Help with custom compiler

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at xxxxx
Thu Jul 19 05:32:02 UTC 2012

>>   * How to distinguish errors from warnings? I was reading the
>>     [build-menu] but I could only find some examples. It was not clear
>>     how to do it.
>
> You can write a regex for what you need in the "Error regular
> expression" text box in the Build Commands configuration. I think you
> can also store the regexp in the `filetype.yourlanguage` file.
>
> Docs:
> http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#build-menu-configuration
Yes, I was aware of this. As I said, *i was reading the [build-menu]*.
The question was: how to distinguish errors from warnings and notices? I
would like Geany to display errors in red, warnings in blue and notices
in green. Is that possible? Unfortunately, the link you sent says
nothing about this.

I have also read
http://www.geany.org/manual/hacking.html#error-message-parsing which says:

> New-style error message parsing is done with an extended GNU-style
> regex stored in the filetypes.foo file - see the [build_settings]
> information in the manual for details.

But it is not very helpful, since the manual on [build_settings] does
not tell how to do it. (Or maybe there are two versions of that
documentation and I'm looking at the wrong place?)

Thanks,

    Laszlo