[Geany] Lost all my scribble notes

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jan 30 15:04:39 UTC 2012

Le 30/01/2012 15:48, Teresa e Junior a écrit :
> Hello, guys!
>
> Yesterday I closed Geany with a certain file open. Then I modified
> the file and it grew to about 50MB. When I opened Geany, it tried to
> restore my session, but it would take forever, so I killed Geany and
> deleted the line corresponding to that file from my session at
> .config/geany. The problem is that, when I opened Geany again, my
> session was OK, but my scribble notes disappeared! And I left some
> important notes there! Any ideas on how to recover them? I haven't
> closed Geany yet, so I still have some hope.

Weird... scribble is saved to geany.conf (~/.config/geany/geany.conf)
and should only be loaded/saved at start/quit time, so killing Geany
wouldn't have lost scribbles took in a *previous* run.

Maybe you could check what's in the "scribble_text" in your geany.conf,
but I'm afraid I've not much ideas on what could have happened and where
could the scribbles be gone... Had you more than one Geany instance
opened or something?

Anyway, maybe wait for somebody with better ideas than me, let's hope :)

Cheers,
Colomban