[Geany] Middle mouse click for quick pasting

Nate Bargmann n0nb at xxxxx
Tue Jan 24 13:07:41 UTC 2012

* On 2012 24 Jan 05:04 -0600, Lex Trotman wrote:
> I think you are right, the unix system has been screwed up by trying
> to emulate the windows system on top of it and no-one is sure what
> anything is supposed to do, and no-one is sure what the "correct"
> behavior is (except its whatever I say :) or whatever todays GTK nerd
> thinks who wasn't born when Unix worked right.
> </rant2>

Heh!  Agreed.

Along the same lines a thread popped up on Debian User this morning
regarding clipboard issues:

A followup included this link from JWZ's site:

http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

If I read Jamie's description correctly, what we are seeing happen is
applications not holding onto the Primary selection when they should.
This may well be a GTK issue and beyond Geany's/Scintilla's control.

- Nate >>