[Geany] Adding Tags

Murat Ali muratali at xxxxx
Wed Jan 18 20:52:53 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am trying to add tags to Geany, and tried learning how to do this through the manuals. However I still have not been able to get this to work.
I have a .msg file (like a text file) with thousands and thousands of lines in it. I would like to set some tags... e.g. "SECTION 1", so when I click on the "SECTION 1" tab it will take me to that section of the .msg file that I am viewing in Geany. I tried to make my own tag file (.tags) and load it through Tools -> load tags. However, the "Symbols"/"Tags" section remains empty.
I would really appreciate some help and a simple example of how this can be done if possible, thanks.
Murat