[Geany] Help updating geany 0.20

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Jan 15 11:49:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:24:25 -0600
Bspymaster <bspymaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have installed Geany 0.20 and realized there is a more recent
> version availible (presumably 0.21). How do I update it. The website
> and documentation is not clear on how to update geany or just install
> 0.21. Could someone please help me?

Its hard to say. In general it should be fine to just deinstall 0.20
and install 0.21. If you are using Windows, you can also use the
installer directly. However: Its not that important how you do it as
long as you are ensure only one geany at one time at your system. Your
data (e.g. configuration) are getting stored insode your home
(~/.config/geany on unixoid system; c:\user\..\appdata or something
like that on Windows).

Cheers,
Frank
--