[Geany] How to define autocomplete trigger and question about calltip appearance

klo uo klonuo at xxxxx
Sun Feb 26 07:12:52 UTC 2012

Thanks for the info.
I was browsing tagmanager folder in Geany source at the same time and now
it doesn't seem like great idea to convert what I have to Tagmanager
format, which is perhaps used by symbol browser and some Geany internals
probably, and doesn't fit calltips usage

OTOH, pipe-separated format can show Description (which docs state that is
"currently unused and should be left empty.") if simply pipe isn't entered
before description text.

Now my problem is how to tell Geany to parse function name that has . (dot)
in the name. For example I'm creating .tags file for Geany Lua plugin and
in filetypes.lua file I added:

(taken from "filetypes.common" without . (dot) in it). My idea was to tell
Geany to treat . (dot) like word character.
Unfortunately this didn't work, and I guess there must be some way to do it.

BTW I noticed that Geany displays drop-down autocomplete list with max 30
entries, and does not reduce entries as I type, which is no good