[Geany] Geany 0.21.0 for GTK 2.10

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Feb 25 01:01:15 UTC 2012

On 12-02-24 11:32 AM, Worth, Kevin wrote:
> As mentioned in an earlier mail to this list, I’m stuck with GTK 2.10
> due to using RHEL5, which means I was also stuck at Geany 0.20
>
> Used this as an opportunity to learn more about Git; cloned the github
> repo and managed to rebase 0.20.0->0.21.0 such that commits requiring
> newer versions of GTK were left out. It builds and (as far as I can
> tell) runs just fine. Note it does not include changes made between
> 0.21.0 and now.

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working. Out of curiosity, have you considered
using GNOME's jhbuild utility to build yourself a (more) up-to-date GTK+
stack? I'm pretty sure you can just set it to GTK2 and run the command
and will (after several hours) leave you with a complete GTK+ setup in
your home directory that you can use to build Geany against.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush