[Geany] Issue with rectangular selection mode

klo uo klonuo at xxxxx
Fri Feb 24 23:07:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm switching from SciTE to Geany, as I feel features provided by Geany are
exact what I missed in SciTE
Thanks to dev team and special thanks to creator on Lua plugin, which made
my transition seamless :)

My problem is column selection mode. I'm used to hold Ctrl then point,
click and drag. This feature seems like buggy in Geany, most of time it
doesn't work.
I then found out that I can use Shift+Ctrl which works as expected, but I
first need to position cursor then do this selection, while if I use SciTE
I just point and drag without positioning first.

Is there better solution to this problem, that may be not so obvious to new
user?

TIA