[Geany] Debugger and numbered bookmarks

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Feb 21 20:59:03 UTC 2012

On 22 February 2012 00:46, Michael <the.whistler at live.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when using debugger and numbered bookmarks together in geany, debugger uses the
> icons from numbered bookmarks instead of his own icons. I.e. a "2" for a
> breakpoint, a "3" for
> program counter. Using debugger without numbered bookmarks works as expected.
> Something wrong
> with my installation (I use the nightly sources on linux) or a bug?

AFAICT a bug in both plugins and Geany.

Could you raise bug reports on both plugins with the message:

"This plugin uses hard coded integer marker numbers.  This can clash
with other plugins use of markers.  Should test for markers with
SC_MARK_AVAILABLE before defining a mark and reset markers used to
SC_MARK_AVAILABLE when cleaning up.  Must handle markers not being a
contiguous sequence and none available"

And one for Geany:

"Geany should set all unused markers to SC_MARK_AVAILABLE and check
availability before using markers so that it cooperates with plugins
using markers. Geany should not reserve markers it isn't using since
this limits the number available to plugins.  Geany must handle marker
exhaustion"