[Geany] Request for feedback: Geanyuniq

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Tue Feb 21 03:34:12 UTC 2012

Lex Trotman wrote:

>Whilst I don't think this is an everyday use plugin, I am sure it can
>occasionally be useful and will be worthwhile putting in plugins
>somewhere.

Anyone doing a bit of data wrangling will come across this requirement
often enough to want to do it from their editor (grrr, but exactly why I
love the send selection to command thing -- which of course allows any
number of useful scripts to be added to the list).

>[...]
>> To the people saying "you can just pipe through uniq/sort": yes, of course.
>
>But on *ix only.

+1; I reckon the Windows mob would certainly want to do this often
enough to make this a useful plugin.

In fact, the predominant Scintilla- based editor on Windows, Notepad++,
has a nifty plugin called TextFX that does thus plus dozens of other
really nice text transforms because they can be so handy. Perhaps this
plugin can one day become the Geany equivalent :)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"I don't need gold in heaven, I gotta have it now" - US televangelist