[Geany] 2 details

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Feb 20 20:49:24 UTC 2012

On 20 February 2012 22:55, spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1. Is it possible to have tab used for indentation, not spaces, but the tab
> key insert spaces elsewhere? For instance ('->' represents a tab, '.' a
> space, tabwidth 4):
>
> if true {
>  -> foo.........:= 0
>  -> foobarbaz...:= 0
>  -> foobar......:= 0
> }

Afraid not, when its not an indent (ie start of line) tab is, well,
just a tab character.

> (This is the standard style for Go code, and a oft recommended practice:
> tabs indent, spaces align.)

Yes, it is common because it will preserve alignment between lines of
the same indent level irrespective of tab size, but not between lines
of different indent levels.

> 2. I use the C lexer for Go, which works fine (except for [*] below). An
> issue is Geany automatically inserts " *" at start of lines in multiline
> comments, like:
>
> /*
>  *
>  *
>  *
>  *
>  *
>  * */

Preferences->editor->completions->Automatic continuation of multiline
comments (RTFM)