[Geany] 2 details

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Mon Feb 20 11:55:06 UTC 2012

Hello,

1. Is it possible to have tab used for indentation, not spaces, but the
tab key insert spaces elsewhere? For instance ('->' represents a tab,
'.' a space, tabwidth 4):

if true {
  -> foo.........:= 0
  -> foobarbaz...:= 0
  -> foobar......:= 0
}

(This is the standard style for Go code, and a oft recommended practice:
tabs indent, spaces align.)

2. I use the C lexer for Go, which works fine (except for [*] below). An
issue is Geany automatically inserts " *" at start of lines in multiline
comments, like:

/*
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  * */

(I know this is a common practice in C code, but i don't like it because
too noisy for me, and anyway this does not match the Go style
guidelines.) How desactivate this feature?

Thank you for your attention, and for this great programming tool,
Denis

[*] The only issue: from time to time, and from a given point in file,
the folding indicators in margin (+) look like if top-lelvel braced
blocks were not ended (there is a vertical bar prolonging the '+'),
while in fact they are (else the code would not even compile). When this
problem happens, it goes from the first erroneous block to the end of
file, as if one block was not closed at all. Bracing in Go is just like
in C, except placement of opening braces is enforced at end of line (see
example above), so that I don't understand the source of this error.
Anyway, this is not a major problem.