[Geany] Changing python version used

Thomas Hedden thomas at xxxxx
Sun Feb 19 15:31:30 UTC 2012

I have the following configuration:

$ geany --version
geany 0.21 (built on Dec 24 2011 with GTK 2.24.8, GLib 2.30.1)

$ python --version
Python 2.7.2
$ which python
/usr/bin/python

$ python3 --version
Python 3.2.1
$ which python3
/usr/bin/python3

In Geany, if I run the following script ...
import sys
v = sys.version[:3]
print(v)
... the output is:
2.7
------------------
(program exited with code: 0)
Press return to continue

I want to use python3 rather than python2.

I did a quick search of the manual, perhaps
not thorough enough, but I could not find
any information about this.

I opened the file `filetype_extension.conf'
and found the line:
Python=*.py;*.pyw;
I added the line:
Python3=*.py3;
... saved, and reloaded the configuration file,
but there was no change.

It must be very easy to make Geany look at
the python3 interpreter rather than the python2
interpreter, but I can't figure out how. Can anyone
please tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Tom