[Geany] tool tips

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Feb 19 15:29:05 UTC 2012

Le 19/02/2012 08:52, worthspending a écrit :
> Is there a way to disable tool tips from displaying?  I am using the
> treebrowser plugin and would like to suppress the tool tips from
> displaying when I hover over a directory or file.  The tool tips also
> display within other panes, so, I was wondering if there is a global
> setting...

Geany doesn't have such a setting, but GTK (the UI toolkit used by
Geany) does, so you can disable all tooltips from all GTK-using
applications.  To do this, under *NIX add the following line to the file
~/.gtkrc-2.0 and restart the app:

gtk-enable-tooltips=0

Under Windows I can't tell you where is the gtkrc-2.0 file to edit, but
the procedure would be sensibly the same.

Cheers,
Colomban