[Geany] Tags and the symbols list

Jonathan T. Sage jtsage at xxxxx
Tue Feb 14 02:03:57 UTC 2012

Apologies if this is just noise - but I have no idea if I am even on
the right track:

First, love the editor - it does everything I need, it's fast as can
be - a huge fan.

I was curious if it were even possible to parse a jquery widget plugin
for symbols - that said, I am not even picky about what it picks up.
I am not particularly interested in code completion, it doesn't matter
to me - what I would like is a list of goto points in the symbols
list.  The file format is basically:

(function($, undefined ) {
  $.widget( "mobile.datebox", $.mobile.widget, {
	_dateboxHandler: function(event, payload) { ... blah ... }
  });
})( jQuery );

I am not even interested in what's in that javascript object - ideally
the symbols list would simply include:  'options', '_dateboxHandler',
etc...

Again, sorry if my question is poorly formed - I read through the
manual section, and browsed some of the other tag files - still
completely lost.

~j

--
Jonathan T. Sage