[Geany] Escape sequence highlighting question

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Feb 12 21:00:44 UTC 2012

On 13 February 2012 07:46, Damon McMinn <damonrmcminn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New to Geany (and programming).
>
> I would very much like to have escape sequences highlighted in a similar way
> to gedit. I've searched high and low for an explanation on how to achieve
> this and have come up empty. I'm sure it's very simple, however it's a
> mystery to me! I have attached a screenshot to visually explain what I mean.

The reason you can't find how to do it is that it isn't possible.
Scintilla (www.scintilla.org) is the editing component that does the
lexing for the highlighting, and it doesn't separate escapes from
strings.

To do it you would have to change the C++ code of the lexer in Scintilla