[Geany] Visual issues after changing filetype HTML -> None

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Feb 9 07:10:33 UTC 2012

On 9 February 2012 17:40, Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> On my system, after opening the attached HTML document in Geany and
> changing its file type from "HTML" to "None", a strange colorful
> underline appears.  Also, a folding indicator (which should have
> disappeared after changing the file type) remains on its place.  Could
> someone reproduce it?  Is it a bug?

Hi,

Well its not just you, and even if you forgot here, I'm sure you will
include the OS and geany --version when you report it to the
bugtracker :)

The folding problem happens on all languages, when swapping to none
the last set of folding remains.

> One more detail.  If after changing the file type you press Ctrl-A
> Ctrl-X Ctrl-V, the underline and the folding indicator disappear.

Yes, making the file empty will remove the folding and re-drawing it
with no highlighting will erase the purple droppings.