[Geany] compile, build, run for custom filetype

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Feb 6 16:23:16 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 10:21, spir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just reinstalled geany.
> I managed to setup a filetype for Go files. All works fine, files of the
> types are recognised as such and editor features work as excepted;
> except for the build settings. They do not seem to be taken into account
> at all, and geany's interface desactivates corresponding buttons compile
> and build (run is active while looking as inactive, and indeed is useles
> if source aren't build ;-)
> Here are my settings from custom filetypes.Go.conf:
>
> [build_settings]
> # %f will be replaced by the complete filename
> # %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
> # (use only one of it at one time)
> # Compiler: 8g -- Linker: 8l
> # Compile flag 'e' --> no limit on number of errors
> compiler=8g -e "%f"
> linker=8l -o "%e" "%e".8
> run_cmd=./"%e"

That's the old style way to define them. Try using the [build-menu]
style. For an example see Geany's filetypes.Genie.conf file.

> In the same way, build settings manually input from the interface via
> menu Build/Set build commands are not taken into account (this used to
> work in previous versions, but there were explicit compile and build
> lines if i remenber right).

Maybe that will work if the new conf style is used?

Nick