[Geany] Ideas for reducing duplicate bug reports

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Fri Feb 3 12:10:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we just need to be a little more proactive in closing them,
> after all they don't actually go away and it shows an actuve bug
> processing culture.

On a related note: there have been a couple cases where i've filed bugs in
Launchpad and the bug reports go untouched for 2-3 _years_ before someone
sets a priority. In such cases, the admin always says, "please check on the
latest version." (Fair enough -the report was against a much older
version.) But if they are taking several years to answer then i honestly
can't be bothered to go back and verify the bug on a newer system. Waiting
too long to prioritize new bugs leaves a bad taste in user's mouths (at
last it does mine).

Examples:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/119097

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/122919 (this
one "only" took them 9 months to prioritize and 3 years to mark as "will
not fix")

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/