[Geany] Ideas for reducing duplicate bug reports

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Feb 3 00:20:59 UTC 2012

On 02/02/2012 12:37 PM, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 12:48 -0200, Cássio Nandi Citadin wrote:
>> Has Github a simple and straight foward solution to bug tracking?
>
> GitHub provides a feature for issue tracking, yes. My suggestion would
> be to just use that one, as it would just be consequent with the
> code-hosting and users will not have to search stuff in different
> places.

I think we talked about it before, but the two big problems are getting
all our bugs transferred to Github's tracker and also that you need to
register an account on Github in order to report a bug.

Moving the bugs would be tricky, though there's lots of really old bugs
that probably would never get closed anyway, so not sure how important
it is to keep all of the noise ones no one knows what to do about.

For the registration thing, I personally don't see it as a problem,
since if someone didn't want to register with Github, they could simply
report the bug on the mailing list and someone from the community could
open an ticket for them.

That being said, I can't say I've used Github Issues enough to know if
it's suitable for our use.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush