[Geany-Users] beautify-ruby-code-with-geany

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:50:19 UTC 2012

On Monday, December 24, 2012, thufir wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:50:47 +1100, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
>
> > Well you shouldn't need to specify full path, you may want to swap the
> > rubies when using rvm.
> >
> > So it's definitely a path problem. Can you run rbeautify from terminal
> > without changing to be in your rvm directory ?
>

> I don't understand what you mean.  There are three settings I'm now using
> 'Set Build Commands'.  The first two are Ruby commands:
>
> compile   /home/thufir/.rvm/rubies/default/bin/ruby "%f"
> beautify  /home/thufir/.rbeautify.rb "%f"
>
> The third is under Execute commands:
>
> execute /home/thufir/.rvm/rubies/default/bin/ruby "%f"
>

> In so far as swapping rubies, wouldn't I do so from rvm and just have
> Geany use the default?
>

> The only build command which fails is beautify.
>
> Why shouldn't you specify the full path?  Do you mean that a relative
> path should be used?
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Your compile command should be just "ruby %f" . You shouldn't be specifying
full paths.

Say you create another ruby so that your path is

  /home/thufir/.rvm/rubies/a_new_ruby/bin/ruby "%f"

You would then have to change your compile commands. That defeats the point
of using rvm.

All your commands should not specify a full path. When you switch rubies in
rvm as long as you have beautify installed calling it should work.

Sayth