[Geany-Users] beautify-ruby-code-with-geany

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 06:50:47 UTC 2012

On Sunday, December 23, 2012, thufir wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:43:33 +1100, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
>

> > I usually set up my pep8 checkers, pylint and perl tidy into my build
> > commands
> >
> > Build -> Set Build Commands
>

> I set compile (and execute) to:
>
> /home/thufir/.rvm/rubies/default/bin/ruby "%f"
>
> and right below that set "beautify" to:
>
> /home/thufir/.rbeautify.rb "%f"
>

> Pressing F8 runs the ruby script fine (thanks for the help) but F9 for
> beautify results in:
>

> /home/thufir/.rbeautify.rb "mail.rb" (in directory: /home/thufir/ruby)
> Compilation failed.
> /bin/sh: 1: /home/thufir/.rbeautify.rb: not found
>
> The script is at:
>
> thufir at dur:~$
> thufir at dur:~$ ls -al .rbeautify.rb
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 thufir thufir 6880 Dec 22 22:16 .rbeautify.rb
> thufir at dur:~$
> thufir at dur:~$ head .rbeautify.rb -n 6
> #!/usr/bin/ruby -w
>

> =begin
> /
>  *   Copyright (C) 2008, Paul Lutus
> *
> thufir at dur:~$
>

> Somehow I have the path or variable wrong?
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Well you shouldn't need to specify full path, you may want to swap the
rubies when using rvm.

So it's definitely a path problem. Can you run rbeautify from terminal
without changing to be in your rvm directory ? Did you set rvm to --use
default otherwise you will go back to system default ruby.

Sayth