[Geany] quickrun

Jon Harbold jon_jh at xxxxx
Mon Aug 20 21:27:08 UTC 2012

Matthew Brush <mbrush at ...> writes:

> On 12-08-18 08:03 AM, Jonathan Harbold wrote:
> > I'm using the windows version of Geany, is there an easy way to add a
> > quickrun option (one click button to compile temp exe -> run temp exe - >
delete temp exe) without using a
> batch file or other external script?
> >

> In the "Execute" build command, you should be able to put something like
> this:
>
>      yourCompiler -o yourtemp.exe && yourtemp.exe && del yourtemp.exe
>
> And set the working directory to where the `yourtemp.exe` file will be.
>
> It works OK but it won't give you compiler messages in Geany's compiler
> tab. It will show them inside the command prompt window that opens instead.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

Thanks, that works fine.

Can you tell me what I need to put in the context command in order to have it
open up a chm help file and do a keyword search? With everything I've tried
geany just gives me this error:

Context action command failed: Failed to execute child process (Exec format
error)