[Geany] Geany as Windoze noob's learning tool

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Aug 10 16:27:10 UTC 2012

Am 09.08.2012 09:01, schrieb Ma Xiaojun:
> Unlike *nix, there is no GCC in PATH even MinGW is installed.
> Configuring PATH manually can be challenging for noob.
>
> So, I wonder, can Geany people publish Windoze releases bundled with MinGW?
> Or, can I add path to Geany Portable that is relative to `pwd` rather
> than @Drive

I think you already got a lot of answers but I also want to add my 2ct.
Even I understand your idea, I don't think Geany itself should ship any
C compiler -- or any other -- with it. BUT:
I can imagine of a project repackaging Geany for Windows C-starters
maybe adding a compiler, some tag-Fils, maybe some C-docuemntation etc.
or another idea is like pidgin adding some options to installer to
download compiler you need. Unfortunately I'm not this familiar with all
that Windowsstuff at that point ....

Cheers,
Frank