[Geany] mail filetype or replacing vim with geany

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Thu Aug 2 01:56:57 UTC 2012

On 2 August 2012 04:41, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 01.08.2012 09:07, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>
>> On 1 August 2012 16:04, Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:40:10 +0200
>>> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org>

>>> Exactly.

>>> :-)

>>> Actually, vim (and Emacs as well, iirc), can reflow paragraph
>>> with nested 'quotes', e.g. "> >".
>>
>> Geany isn't a vim or emacs clone, so nobody really cared to read their
>> mail in Geany enough to do it.
>>
>>> Providing plugin means hacking in C, right?
>>
>> Yep.
>

> Can't you code plugins with Vala and Python as well these days?
>
> Best regards.

Would it be possible to use the Linux command "fmt" to have the
selected portion of the buffer reformatted? Perhaps i might operate
only on text prefixed in a pre-determined method - e.g. with "> " or
"/*" but it could still be coded so that it was quite generic.

Below is a link to an example of "fmt" used to reflow the text in a C
comment block:

http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/unix3/upt/ch21_04.htm

Regards,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)